We’re looking for a full time (40 hours) Marketing Intern for the summer to join our Marketing team of two.
This is an on-site position with potential to turn into full-time.
What’s the position like? This isn’t your typical copy and coffee internship. You won’t spend endless days lost in Excel spreadsheets or alphabetizing folders. You’ll be an integral, valuable part of our team doing real, meaningful things.
The most important thing? We believe that, with the right attitude, anyone can become a superstar team member here at marketANDgrow. If you’ve got chutzpah, we want to hear from you.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You want to be part of our mission and are comfortable jumping in and getting your hands dirty, learning on the fly, or proceeding with imperfect information.
- You are someone who can take feedback without taking it personally and are comfortable with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You don’t take shortcuts, pay attention to detail, and strive to be the best at what you do.
- You are not a lone wolf and ask for support when you need it.
- You feel comfortable taking ownership of what you’re working on while following our values and tenets.
- You will be on time and present every day you are expected to work, communicate emergencies promptly and well in advance to your supervisor.
- You will be an active, loyal and consistent team member who shows up for your team.
- You like to have FUN and want to be part of a close-knit startup environment!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
While your day to day tasks will vary as will your to-dos, this is what your typical week will look like:
- Assist with all non-technical aspects of podcast production such as guest recruitment and booking, speaker preparation, and post-production marketing
- Create and send email newsletter to our email subscribers
- Research and write blog articles
- Create varied forms of social media content – both written and multimedia
- Assist with creating content for web pages
- Engage with followers on social media to help build our online presence
- Keep your camera on and be the moderator/facilitator during virtual events
- Preferably in pursuit of a degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, Journalism, Professional Writing, Public Relations, or other related field.
- Love to write – Writing blogs, and social media content excites you
- Your English is exceptional (fluency in English is necessary to perform the job effectively)
- Excellent communication skills
- Intellectually curious
- Extremely well organized
- Very independent, with initiative, and with little need for supervision
- Resourceful – You find a workaround to your obstacles
- Enthusiastic – You bring good vibes, enthusiasm & pleasing personality to work
- You produce work with all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed
- You’re comfortable learning and mastering new technology
ABOUT OUR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- We are a startup with a close-knit team
- We are inclusive and open to diversity of thought, appearance, who you love, and the gender you self-identify
- Disagree and commit
- We invest in your professional development
- We work hard and love to have FUN
- No red tape – idea to decision is fast
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Certification on Google Analytics, Google Ads, Hubspot Inbound Marketing, and LinkedIn Marketing
- Grow your knowledge of digital marketing
- Gain hands-on experience with search engine marketing & content marketing (Link building, On-page optimization, and Keyword research)
- Executing inbound marketing strategies using content, SEO and social media
- Learn the processes, day to day activities, and how to be successful as a marketing manager for a major technology company by attending weekly team meetings, participating in individual and team trainings, and by shadowing each member of the team.
- Hone project management skills and do professional-level work
- Analyzing numbers and utilizing those numbers to make decision
- Landing page creation and optimization
- Exposure to digital advertising and marketing automation projects